Sunday, October 4, 2009

Monarch Caterpillar - Patience

As you can see we STILL haven't birthed a butterfly. This picture was taken yesterday. The cocoon is looking black - due to the black wings and body of the butterfly.



I was thinking it'd be a few days ago. I've done more researching and it looks like I was just getting antsy. The cocoon has to be completely clear. Yesterday it was close. Today it looks like it is. I have been taking pictures throughout the day because the cocoon keeps changing.
This morning the cocoon was completely clear.

After a few hours - late morning I noticed a creasing in one of the "seams".


Just a bit ago I noticed creasing in the seam above this one. It's almost 1 in the afternoon. Today would be a perfect day for a butterfly birth - as I'll be home the rest of the day to watch and capture some images.

I don't believe I'll get anything done today other than looking out the back window.

No comments:

Post a Comment