Saturday, September 26, 2009

Monarch Caterpillar - Still Waiting

Still waiting for the Monarch to emerge. I keep thinking the cocoon looks a little thinner - and maybe I can see a bit of orange or black inside. I do know there are a few dark spots along the top of the back that weren't there before - but it's hard to get a detailed enough shot of them with the shadows.

I took a few pictures this morning....




The following two pictures were taken around 5 p.m. Not much (if any) change from this morning.


I spent a good part of today at Shawnee Prairie (part of our Darke County Park system). They had Prairie Days. Inside their building they have a room with wildlife to help educate children. One of their current displays was an aquarium that had 4 Monarch cocoons inside. Three have hatched - there was even a monarch still residing in the aquarium. The 4th looks about like my cocoon - still pretty green.
I hope for some change tomorrow. Hoping for a Monarch birthday.



No comments:

Post a Comment